Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year

First I think I should tell you why I started this blog. As I looked back over 2011, I had a hard time finding any evidence of accomplishment.  I looked at the scale and I hadn't lost a pound. If anything, I gained. I looked around the house and I think it is in more chaos than when the year began. The only evidence I have is in my knitting, and I have Ravelry to thank for that! I was also reminded that people don't think I do anything but knit because that's all I seem to post to Facebook. So I started this blog to have a record of what I'm going to do this year. I know it's very optimistic of me! Please join me on my journey through the winding hilly road that will map out 2012.

Well, it's that time of year again. The time when I make all sorts of resolutions for the New Year. Most of which I don't keep. (Do any of us?) Here I go again. 

  1. Losing, or not...
  1. Every year I say I'm going to loose weight, and every year I disappoint myself. So this year my resolution is different. It's about what I want to gain. I want to gain...

    Self Respect!

    I want to truly learn to love the person I am, and embrace all my flaws. Hopefully along the way I will also find a happier and more productive me.
  2. OrganizationThis is another one that I make every year. I need to declutter and organize my house. This year however I have a plan. I'm going to start flying fluttering with Fly Lady. Have you heard of her? She has has a whole system set up. I'm feeling confident delusional. I've at lest started the year with a clean kitchen.
    Kitchen
    Just don't look at the rest of the house. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
  3. KNITTING!
    As the title suggests, I would rather be knitting than working on the first 2. This is the big one. I already have a few projects in my queue.

    Traveling Woman Shawl (My knitting group is starting a knit along next week.)Girls Cardigan
    Lazy Kathy (again)
    Prism bag
    Nevis Cardigan
    Ardrum Scarf/Wrap

    If your on Ravelry, check out my queue.

    As the budget around here is pretty tight, I'm also attempting to knit all most of this from my stash as much as possible.

    And last but not least, attack my pile of UFOs (Unfinished Objects).
I think that about wraps up the unrealistic list of goals for 2012. A good year to all of you and I hope to see you along my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment