Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Flying

Well, I meant to post this yesterday, but I lost track of time cleaning. Yes, I said cleaning. This doesn't happen to me. Ever! Sure, I've lost track of time taking on the phone, running errands, and yes knitting, especially knitting. But rarely, if ever, cleaning. We'll blame Fly Lady.

Today I want to introduce you to Fly Lady. This is Fly Lady.
FlyLady cartoon

Why Fly lady? F.L.Y. stands for Finally Loving Yourself! I really like this concept.

I stumbled on her website a few years ago. She has an entire website dedicated to getting rid of C.H.A.O.S. (can't have anyone over syndrome). I was doing really well for a while, and then I fell off the wagon, and the wagon moved on leaving me suck firmly in the mud. Fast forward 2 years. To my utter surprise and amazement, the wagon has circled around. It even slowed down enough for me to climb stumble back on.

Because I had been gone so long, I decided that I would go back to "Getting Started". How does one get started? I'm glad you asked. You shine your sink. You take everything out of your sink and you clean it, I mean really clean it. I won't go into details, you can find them here. So, I shined my sink.

Here it is, my newly shined sink.

Well, this clean a sink can't sit in a messy kitchen, so I straightened the kitchen. I have been moving slowly around my main level for the last week of so. Which brings me to yesterday and my sitting room.

The sitting area was the biggest holdout. I was ever so slightly overwhelmed by the chaos and clutter that had collected. But what's a girl to do? The other rooms were whispering at me "you can't leave us sitting here all nice and clean with that mess lying around". In comes Fly Lady with her saying:

You can do anything for 15 minutes!

So I set the timer for 15 minutes and away I went. I was so proud of what I accomplished in the first 15 minutes, that I set the timer for another, and another... Anyway you can see where this is going. Before I knew it, the morning had just disappeared. I won't post pictures yet, because it's not quite where I want it to be.

 Glove Update:

I was definatly disusional in thinking I could have my gloves finished by yeaterday.  I made a valiant effort however, and I have 1 1/2 fingers and the thumbs remaining.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! That's an awesome way to look at things and get motivated to continue! Keep up the great work :-)

    ReplyDelete