Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Eddy

Well, it actually looks like winter has arrived here in Northeast Ohio. I'm cold!!! There is no getting around it. The thermostat is still set at the same temp, but I'm freezing! I'm bundled up in a hand knit hat, sweater, and fingerless mittens, but it's no good. Maybe a nice hot cup of coffee will help.



Today is the perfect day to sit on the couch and knit some. In that spirit, I thought that I should introduce you to my first knitting project of the year. Every year after my Holiday knitting is complete (normally on Dec 24th), I start a project just for me. This year I've chosen:



The pattern is designed by Julia Mueller. Her designs are just incredible. (If you are not on Ravelry you can find them all here.)

I'm using Knit Picks Essential in the colorway Sarge. The yarn was a birthday gift from my wonderful Knit-Sib Deb!

I'm just getting ready to add the fingers

For those of you who know me, I always knit my gloves/mittens/socks/sleeves/etc two at a time. Therefore, not to worry, the right glove is also awaiting fingers.

3 comments:

  1. I always love the gloves you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are spactacular! I'm hoping to be done by Monday. (I may be a tad bit optimistic)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! I have always envied your gloves. They're always beautiful, and I know I would NEVER have the patience to actually finish them!

    ReplyDelete