Monday, November 10, 2014

November is NaKniSweMo!

Huh? If you are not a knitter, you probably haven't heard of NaKniSweMo. Actually even if you are a Knitter, you still may not have heard of it. You are probably asking yourself "What is this NaKniSweMo?" Well, let me tell you...

National Knit a Sweater Month!

Yup, you read that correct. We knitters need a month dedicated to knitting a sweater. Most sweaters have over 50,000 individual stitches in themes well as multiple skeins of yarn.
The rules are simple:
  1. Cast on Nov. 1 and finish by Nov. 30
  2. Your sweater must be 50,000 stitches.
I'm choosing to knit the Arrow Yoke Cardigan from Brioche Chic. As you may have noticed I started it last month. Oh, no, you can't do that! It breaks the rules! You would be right, except that I wasn't happy with how the first strip came out and I frogged it. I decided that I would rewind my yarn, and eagerly await Noveber 1st.
Arrow Yoke Cardigan
So here goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment