Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pickles!

This post actually starts with my attempt to make homemade vegan yogurt. I needed some mason jars to put the yogurt in while it was "yogurting". Now I knew that I had some laying around because I had dabbled in canning a LONG time ago. And since I always knew I'd get back to it, I just couldn't part with them.

After some searching, I found what I was looking for hiding in a dark corner of the basement:


So I opened it up, and instead of a boxed filled with clean empty jars, I was surprised to see...



PICKLES!

Now, I can't remember the last time I made pickles. It might have been before the Princess was born. (I didn't write a date on the pickle jar.) I did remember however, that the last batch of pickles was exceptionally good. So I did what any sane a rational person would do, I tired them!



OMG! It was FABULOUS! All that was left was some pickle juice.

There, on the plate, can you see it?



1 comment:

  1. OK, they really do look delicious. I will be right over to taste test.

    ReplyDelete